Saturday, July 12, 2008

Our trip to Florida

On Tuesday the 8th Gaby and I left Orange County to fly to Florida to my brother and sister-in-laws (Matt and Debbie) house near Tampa. In order to save a few hundred dollars we flew overnight. It was the longest 4 hours of my life. Fortunately Gaby was able to sleep fairly well, but unfortunately, I was not. Luckily we were able to see my parents who just finished serving a 2-year mission for our church, and meet this adorable almost 1-year-old. Look at those eyes!
This is my sweet niece, Ellea. The uncomfortable plane ride was so worth it to get to see her for the first time. Here she is enjoying her first birthday cake...way too cute!
While there I got to enjoy some much needed relaxation. It was nice to be able to sit around and enjoy the company of my family.

We went to a pottery place and Gaby painted a frog and my Mom painted a plate for me...


We also went swimming and Auntie Debbie is such a good sport that she did handstands in the pool with Gaby!Gaby is still in Florida with my Mom and Dad. They are in Daytona Beach at my sister and brother-in-laws (Mary and Ron) condo on the beach. I think they are leaving Sunday to start the long drive back out here to CA. I wish I could have joined them on their road trip but I had to get back to work.

2 comments:

Paul and Suzy said...

Cute pictures guys! Looks like you had lots of fun! We hardly recognized Ellea. She has gotten so big. We are dying to meet her.

Deb said...

That'll teach me to do handstands in the water! :) We had so much fun with you guys. I hope the next visit is longer. Those are great pictures of Ellea. I lost my special cream while we were in Myrtle Beach, and her cheek rash has flared up again. :( I'm glad it was looking better while you were here. And thanks again for cleaning her up after the cake! That puts you in a very special Auntie category.